The remains of the Madrasa of Sultan El-Zahir Baybars locates in El Muiz Le Din Allah Street nearby the Complex of Sultan El-Saleh Ayyub and Sultan Qalawun Complex . It was established by the great warrior Baybars El-Bunduqdari who is regarded as the first real Mamluk Sultan who ruled Egypt for about 17 years. He occupies a prominent position in history due to his landslide victory in the battle of Ain Galut or Goliath's Spring on the Moguls in 1260, and his conquest over the Crusaders in several battles after their destruction of Baghdad in 1258. The Madrasa of Baybars was erected on the Hall of Sultan El-Saleh Ayyub's Palace that was standing next to his tomb. In 1874, the major part of the Madrasa was destroyed during the works of construction of the road from Suq El-Nahhasin to the House of El-Qadi, and the Minaret also collapsed in the last quarter of the 20th century leaving only few remnant blocks of stones of the western corner of the lower base of the mosque to be seen now. Of special interest among the few remaining parts of the Madrasa are the handsomely shaped stone arches with the symbol of Baybars which is" Panthers" on it. The main door of the Madrasa that is beautifully ornamented with bronze objects is placed in the French Embassy in El-Giza Street now.