The Museum of Fine Arts in the city of Alexandria is of particular significance. It dates back to 1954 and is located along Mansha Street. It was once known as the 'Hussein Sobhy Museum', after the governor of Alexandria who was once an important part of the city's strong arts movement. The land on which the building was established was gifted to the government by Baron Mansha, a wealthy prominent merchant who had lived at the city.
A magnificent, satisfactory place for those with an eye for art, the museum contains several excellent collections of important paintings and impressive sculptures. It contains a huge collection of Egyptian art works and more than 1,500 pieces of art.