The Antioniadis Villa and Gardens are located to the south of the Nuzha. They once belonged to John Antioniadis, a wealthy Greek citizen and a generous patron of the city who founded it in 1860. He had them built and designed by Paul Richard who employed both Arab and Western architectural and decorative styles. In 1918, the Villa Antoniadis and its gardens were donated to the Municipality of Alexandria and they were used as a guest house to host Egypt’s visiting significant figures.
The no less attractive Antioniadis Gardens is the perfect place for those seeking relaxation. The villa's garden, a place out of this world, houses a number of Venus statues, several fountains, good collections of plants, a tropical greenhouse as well as some archeological remains, including a Gnostic tomb and a cistern.