The Cistern of Yaqub Shah El-Mihmandar locates in Salah Salem street nearby the Eastern Approach of the citadel. It was established by Yaqub shah who was the Mamluk Chief of Protocol. Few meters away from this cistern one can find the Ayyubid wall that date back to the time of Saladin with its half round towers and arrow slits and El-Adel’s tower. One can see also the mosque of Mohammed Ali and the palace of Gawhara in the surrounding area of the cistern. This cistern was established to commemorate the Mamluk victory in 1486 battle of Adana. The beauty of this building is accentuated by the handsome decoration of the façade and the dome that was usually used for surmounting the tombs only before.