Meri-En-Ptah Temple lies just behind the completely-destructed Temple of Amenhotep III. Early in the 1890, it had been partially cleared by Flinders Petrie; and recently, it was converted into an open air museum where visitors are given the chance to follow the plan of the original temple and admire some of the remaining statues and reliefs. The frightening heads of the Jackal Anubis are of a special interest. Meri-En-Path usurped many of the statues of Amenhotep III and the open museum is considered a valuable source for studying the epoch of the richest Pharaohs of Ancient Egypt. In the complex, stands a small museum that provides a description of the history of the site and all the archaeological works that were performed. From the original temple, few remains of the First Pylon survived, the reliefs on which depict the Meri-En-Ptah and many other gods. Here, the Stela of Israel (now exhibited in Egyptian Museum) was found, and in its place a replica is put. The stele is so named because it is the first inscription in the Egyptian art where Israel is mentioned. The porticos of the Second Court that show the pharaoh in the Osiride form are taken from the temple of Amenhotep III. There are also rests of many statues of Amenhotep III and his wife, Tiy. The Swiss expedition that cleaned the temple and founded the open air museum, also built two semi-subterranean display rooms, where many pieces of reliefs and paintings from the temple are exposed and where the Anubis Statues are put.