The Temple of Qasr El-Sagha (‘Qassr El Sagha’ or ‘Kasr El Saga’) lies above the northern shore of Qaroun Lake, about 30 kilometers from Kom Oshim, in the governorate of El-Fayoum. First published by Schweinfurth in 1892 and visited later by Petrie, this temple rests on a level platform on the side of the escarpment. Although its date is not yet identified, the temple’s plan indicates that it was erected at the Middle Kingdom. The limestone blocks used in the construction of the temple were cut in different sizes and were fit tightly together using neither mortar nor oblique corner joints. The temple was neither completed nor decorated. Inside the temple’s inner part were found seven small chambers and an offering hall. There is also a ‘blind room’, completely enclosed without an entrance. Besides the remains of this Middle Kingdom limestone temple, there are some petrified remains of a forest and others of prehistoric villages.