The small ancient Castle of Nuweiba (also pronounced Nuweibah, Nweba`a, Nweba, and Nuebaa) lies near the beach of Tarabin (Tarabeen), in Nuweiba (a coastal town in the eastern part of Sinai Peninsula). It was built in 1893 by the Ottoman Turks under ruins of an ancient one in front of the city of Nwebaa, during the XVIII century. It was meant to provide protection to this strategic position on the Gulf of Aqaba. It was registered under the Islamic monuments of the area in 1999. The Fortress of Tarabin (locally known as “Tabeyat Nuweibah”) includes a shaft (still in use), walls, huge door, and a number of chambers. Inside the walls, one can see water well. While discovering the archeological site of the site, a settlement for soldiers of the fortress was found. Also discovered is a granite tower, far by 180 m east to the castle.