Extending parallel to the Nile, the beautiful Japanese Garden lies to the east of the Bath Establishment in Helwan District. It dates back to the period between the two World Wars in c. 1917. Its establishment is attributed to Zulfugar Pasha, a resident of Helwan who gifted it to Sultan Hussein. After a period of neglect, the garden was properly restored in the 1960’s. The glorious Asian-styled garden houses a great deal of Buddha statues and mythical animals.