House of El Qadi locates in El Gamaleya Street neighboring a large number of Islamic constructions including Maqaad Emir Mamay El Seifi, and Moheb El Din Hall. The house dates back to the Mamluk period and was used as the house of Qadi El Qudah or the supreme judge. It played a prominent role in the judiciary life and legitimate issues of concern in Egypt in the past. It was responsible for performing some tasks similar to that of Dar El Eftaa currently including: sighting and reporting the crescent to determine the beginning of the months in the Muslim calendar.
Worth admiration in the remaining parts of the house that reflect the main architectural features of the Mamluk period are the large stone gate and the Maqaad of the House. Interestingly, the façade is finely decorated with five huge arches with marble pillars of lotus flower at their end. Like most of the houses of that time, it was enclosing a Maqaad or a hall for receiving visitors with finely decorated windows for allowing fresh air to get in the place. Around the lower base of the house, there were a number of small storerooms, each with a rectangular window and iron grates. The house was badly reconstructed in 1847 and restored in 2001 to regain its former beauty.