The Gate of the Mosque of Qawsun appears in front of the mosque and mausoleum of El-Bahlawan in Bab Zuwayla. It is the only remaining part of the mosque that was established by Emir Qawsun, one of the major Emirs of the realm in the reign of Sultan El-Nasir Muhammed.
There are remains of many other buildings that carry his name around Cairo. The building was destroyed during the works of building Mohammed Ali Street. The only remaining parts are the stucco gilded windows. The present mosque was erected by Abbas Hilmi II in 1893.